The Virginia Peninsula Education Foundation, a tax exempt foundation of Delta Beta Lambda Chapter, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, hosted its 34th annual Dr. Martin L. King, Jr. Memorial Breakfast on January 12, 2019. The breakfast, held at the Hampton Roads Convention Center, was packed with supporters of the VPEF. The VPEF sponsors or supports the following activities and organizations:
- Scholarships to graduating male students from Hampton High Schools
- Local Leadership Development Institute
- Sponsorship of Alpha Ambassadors to the Fraternity's Regional Leadership Institute
- Project Alpha in partnership with the March of Dimes, is designed to help prevent teenage pregnancy, spread of sexually transmitted disease and development of healthy relationships
- Boy Scouts
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- United Negro College Fund
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
The attendees enjoyed beautiful music by Mrs. Karla Crump Reaves, an amazing miming performance by Ms. Briana Dandridge and the Honorable Donnie R. Tuck, Mayor, City of Hampton, Presented a Proclamation honoring Martin L. King, Jr.
After a wonderful breakfast, Youth Activist, Master Elijah Brown Coles introduced Bro. Marc H. Morial, President and CEO of National Urban League, New York, New York, who spoke encourage words in honor of Dr. Martin L. King, Jr.
A wonderful time was had by all attendees!
Click Here to view the gallery